Easter is almost here and the stores are filled with candy.
Lots of candy.
It is hard to get down the aisles and not see the candy. My guilty pleasure is the Cadbury Mini Eggs. Its been a tough road avoiding these bad boys.
I love to fill my kids Easter baskets but I do not like to give them tons of candy. Each year they get one piece of candy in their basket. A chocolate bunny, a Peanut Butter cup egg, or a single serve bag of jelly beans. I know they will get plenty of candy at the egg hunts we attend and that is way too much in my opinion.
I have created a list of ideas for your kids Easter Baskets that is NOT candy! Most items can be bought at the Dollar Store and I have even included a few items for older kiddos as well.
- coloring books
- play dough
- make slime and put into Easter eggs
- craft supplies- colored paper, pipe cleaners, etc
- lego sets
- action figures
- My Little Pet Shop figures
- itunes giftcards
- barnes and noble giftcards
- fingernail polish
- lip gloss
- chap sticks
- Sippy cup or insulated water bottle
- bento supplies
- flip flops or a pair of crocs
- matchbox cars
- small bag of goldfish or pretzels
- movie theater giftcard
- redbox rental code
- journal notepads
- guitar picks, string
- costume jewelry
- tickets to a event(Disney on Ice, sporting event, etc)
- Gift card for a mani/pedi date with mom
- play makeup
- new case for itouch/iphone
- devotional book
- finger paints/ water colors
- disposable camera
- photo book
- sunflower seeds/nuts/trail mix
- goldfish with small goldfish bowl
- new headphones
- swimsuit/goggles/beach towel
- bug catching kit
- stuffed animal
- sandbox toys
This is just the beginning of the ideas you can use instead of loading your kids up on sugar for Easter.
What will YOU be putting in their baskets this year?
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Planes: Fire and Rescue in Theaters Today + Review #FireandRescue - July 18, 2014
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars Review #FigLove #naturesbakeryptc - July 15, 2014
- Finding Joy…….Again - June 18, 2014