Let’s be honest here.
While we will be making amazing connections at BlogHer, we all know we will spend the majority of the time on our smartphone.
I am going to share with you some of the must have apps for BlogHer and many other conferences.
Most of these apps are available for the iPhone, if you have a android you will have to check or find something comparable.
- Instagram- my favorite photo app. Take a photo, add effects and then post it to all your social media outlets.
- Facebook- Most of already have this app I think
- Twitter/Hootsuite- tweeting is important at these events!
- Instaframe- Put many pictures together, add a border, add text and share with your media outlets via Instagram!
- Foursquare- Because checking in to events is cool when you are with friends!
- WordPress/Blogger- This works best on a iPad if you plan to blog live!
- Eventbrite- Save a TREE! Instead of printing all those tickets to events, have this app to show your ticket!
- BlogHer12- The perfect app for anyone in attendance. Know the schedule immediately instead of hunting the print out.
- Expense Tracker- Keep track of all those expenses in one easy place.
- Open Table- Restaurant reservations
- HopStop- Detailed public transportation, taxi, walking,etc for many major US cities
- Central Park NYC- A detailed map of Central Park in NYC
- At the Booth- Discount tickets for Broadway and Off-Broadway shows!
- WorldCard Mobile- Business Card Scanner
- Flight Update Live- Track your flight
- Gate Guru- Get instant gate changes
- Around Me- Find places located around you, such as restaurants, malls,etc
- Cab4me- Find a cab
- Your Airline App- Bring up your boarding pass,etc
- Pages- Maintain your Facebook Fan Page without having to log out of your personal account!
These are just a few of the “must have apps” for this years BlogHer. Of course you can choose which one will work best for you. Most are free or very cheap.
Do you have a favorite app for when you travel to conferences?