The next 3 words strike fear into ever household….
“MOM!!! I’m BORED!”
Those dreaded words that no mother wants to hear. Especially during Spring Break or any break from school for that matter.
There are tons of things you can do to keep your kids busy and you do not have to go far from home to do it!
You can take local trips to fun places in your town, you can buy very frugal crafts to keep the kids busy, or just turn off the computer/tv/phone and get OUTSIDE with your children!
Here is a list I have come up with for my family and maybe they will spark some creativity of your own!
- Tye Dye Shirts
- Trip to the Library
- Trip to the Zoo
- Paint Bird Houses
- Head to the park for a picnic
- Plant flowers/ Veggie Garden
- Make Sidewalk Chalk and have a art show
- Paint Stepping Stones for your garden
- Have a Lego Building Contest
- Take a Nature Hike- take pictures, bring leaves, etc home and then look up what you saw.
- Make Slime and/or play dough
- Have a puzzle day
- Have a PJ Day and read the books you picked up from the library
- Have a camp out in your backyard and make smores!
- Go Bowling
- Go Skating
- Nerf Gun Fight in the House
- Jump on the trampoline with your kids! Great exercise and sure to be a blast
- Keep your kids mind going, print some fun little worksheets and offer them a special treat for completing!
- Find a local wildlife park and check it out!
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter
- Go on a wildflower hunt and have a impromptu photo session if you find an amazing field!
- Go on a bike ride to your local park!
- Pick a recipe out of a cookbook and have your kiddos do the cooking!
- Host a Backyard BBQ with your neighbors
- Volunteer at your local food pantry
- Make Blessing Bags to give to the homeless
- Bake cookies or other fun treat and have your kids deliver it to your neighbors
What will you do this Spring Break to keep your kids happy and having fun?