The Holidays are Stressful!
Yes, they are fun, magical and full of family traditions but at the same time it can be overwhelming. We all strive for the perfect Holiday and we need to be realistic that there is no such thing as a perfect holiday.
When you are stressed and overwhelmed your mind and body suffer. You fill run down. You are just not yourself and in the end, the holidays are not fun anymore for you or your family.
Here are a few things you can do to be your best, stay well, and truly enjoy the Holiday Season.
- Drink plenty of water. I can not say this enough. Your body NEEDS water! It helps flush out toxins, keeps you hydrated and feeling refreshed.
- Get plenty of Vitamin C . The vitamin C is a easy fix. Drink some Orange juice, eat oranges or take a supplement. Vitamin C helps boost your immune system and fight off the yuck!
- Sleep! While its normal for most moms to stay up late to finish tasks they were not able to get to during the day of parenting, sleep is important to your healthy. Not only for your body but for your mind!
- Limit the sugar you eat. Christmas goodies are full of sugar. Pick one or two you enjoy but don’t go overboard on your sugary goodness.
- Get out and get some sunshine! Sunshine and fresh air is a mood booster! And when you are in a good mood so is your body!
- Wash your hands!! Basic hygiene people! This will help keep you well!
- Remember to breathe. Stress is ugly. Trust me, I know. Remembering to breath is important. Remember what the holidays are all about and truly enjoy it.
- Last but not least, Smile. There are going to be several things that will go your way during this important time of year but there are also twice as many things that will not go your way. Shake them off and smile. Look at your children and see those smiling faces at the joys you are bringing into their life and everything will be worth it!
While you are buying the gifts and baking the goodies, remember to take care of yourself and your family. Your good health is the best gift you can give your family this holiday season.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Bookieboo and Earth Footwear “All’s Well That Ends Well” blogging program, making me eligible to win a pair of Earth Footwear boots. For more information on how you can participate, click here.