If the high temps is any indication here in Texas, Summer is upon us.
For my family that means lots of time outdoors and at the beach! Fun in the sun! This also means taking care of our skin. Making sure it is protected from the suns harmful rays.
Check out these Sun Care tips from Coppertone.
Sun Care Tips: Smart Sunscreen Use
- Get a head start on the sun.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don’t skimp on sunscreen.
- Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as directed.
- Cover all the bases.
- It’s easy to overlook spots like the ears, neck, and shoulders, but they need sunscreen too. Remember to grab a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and to seek shade when the sun is most intense.
- Follow the numbers.
- SPF tells you the level of protection a sunscreen provides from sunburn. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher whenever you’ll be outdoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply.
- Apply another coat of sunscreen as needed, at least every 2 hours- and be sure to reapply after swimming, sweating, vigorous activity or toweling off.
- Select water resistant sunscreens that can keep up with kids.
- Use water resistant sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher, and look for products that are quick and easy to apply to squirmy kids. (Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.)
For more sun care tips, please visit Coppertone.com.
You can also check out the new products available from Coppertone and find the right one for your family this summer.
- Winter weather can really flare up dry skin. Break the cycle! Try COPPERTONE® Sensitive Skin. This fragrance and alcohol-free sunscreen lotion is hypoallergenic and water resistant. Clinically proven appropriate for sensitive skin, this product provides powerful, yet extra gentle broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
- Looking for a simple, moisturizing sunscreen? COPPERTONE ® ultraGUARD is a water resistant sunscreen retains SPF after 80 minutes of activity! Try this non-greasy lotion that screens out the sun’s burning rays to help prevent sunburn.
- Need something soft and gentle for the little ones? COPPERTONE® Water BABIES® Sunscreen Foaming Lotion is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand. This delicate sunscreen glides on as a soft, moisture-rich foam. The mild formula won’t sting or irritate baby’s sensitive skin.
I think I will print out this coupon and use it to try it out! $1.00 off Coppertone Suncare Product You can too!