We live in a older house. 1984 to be exact. Almost everything in this house is original. We have slowly been upgrading to make the house more saleable when we decide to move.
One week our garage door opener finally had enough. Again, the original. It just stopped working all together. No movement, no noise, nothing. If you know me, you know I HAVE to park in the garage. HAVE TO. So when it stopped working I told hubby he had to get it fixed and fixed NOW!
Luckily we received the Genie Silent Max 1000 that week!
My husband got to work on it right away. You would think installing a garage door opener would be tricky for one man, but it was really no trouble at all for him to get it up and running! He barely needed my assistance, which is good since I had to keep the kids out of his way.
I love this garage door opener. It is so much more quieter than our last one. The last one would wake up the kids when it went up and down(their rooms are above the garage). With the new Genie Silent Max 1000 they sleep soundly when hubby has to leave work in the morning! It is a fabulous opener!
I don’t know about you but I have also left the house wondering IF I even put down the garage door, so I end up having to race back just to see if I did. Luckily now Genie has the Closed Confirm Remote/Network Adapter Combo. No more wondering if I closed the door on my rush out the door.
This would make a FANTASTIC Christmas gift for someone who does not have a working garage door opener!
• ¾ HPc 140 Volt DC motor and belt drive offer powerful, smooth operation while keeping noise to a minimum
• Compatible with almost any residential garage door
• SmartSetTM programming allows for fast and easy set up
• Auto seek technology reduces interference
Industry Leading Safety Features
• GenieSenseTM Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology that minimizes noise, wear and tear on the door, while improving overall safety
• Comprehensive Safe-T-Beam auto reversing system
• Intellicode® 2 (a new generation superior encryption system) automatically changing the access code every time you use it to prevent unauthorized persons from opening your garage door
• DIY install project
o Homeowners can contact their local Genie dealer if installation assistance is needed
• Genie’s YouTube channel offers how-to videos on programming your opener and changing the opener’s speeds
o Please note: The SilentMax 1000 is the DEALER EQUIVALENT of IntelliGTM 1000. That means that if you were to buy this exact same opener from a garage door dealer, it would be called IntelliGTM 1000 — but it is the EXACT same opener. All of the programming videos on Genie’s YouTube channel show IntelliGTM 1000, so keep that in mind if you plan to share the videos with your readers.
Additional details on the SilentMax 1000’s features can be found on Genie’s website: http://geniecompany.com/.
Closed ConfirmTM Remote/Network Adapter Combo (MSRP: $50 each)
• Answers the nagging question as you drive away from home, “Did I close the garage door?”
• Provides additional convenience, security and peace of mind for every outing
• Beeps and flashes green when garage door closes
• Gives warning tone and flashes red when garage door does not close properly
• Works with Genie IntelliG™and TriloG™ garage door openers
• Operates up to three garage door openers
The opener costs around $199.99 (includes rails)
If you are interested in purchasing this garage door opener but do not want to install it yourself, you can order this exact opener from an authorized dealer, but the name of the opener will be the IntelliG 1000.
That’s right! One reader will win your very own Genie Silent Max 1000!
Ways you can Enter:
1. Like My Kinda Rain on Facebook- 1 entry
2. Like The Genie Company on Facebook- 1 entry
3. Follow me on twitter- 1 entry
4. Follow The Genie Company on Twitter- 1 entry
5.Follow the Genie Company YouTube channel- 1 entry
6. Sign up for blog email updates- 2 entries
7. Stumble any NON-Giveaway post here on the blog- 2 entries
8. Tweet this giveaway- “#Win a New Garage Door opener from @TheGenieCompany & @gutimom-http://bit.ly/vQVLFE- Ends 12/10- A Great Christmas Gift! – 1 entry per tweet and you can tweet 3 times a day. Leave a link for each status update.
This giveaway will end Saturday December 10th at NOON CST.
A winner will be chosen using the plug in “And the Winner is”. They have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
US Residents Only.
**Disclosure: I received the Silent Max 1000 to review. No other monetary compensation was made. All opinions are 100% my own.