We all know how getting fit can be a challenge.
The thought of working out hours on end and giving up some of our favorite foods are upsetting to say the least.
When you are first starting out all you have to do is getting moving. Start small. This is a marathon, not a sprint. You reach your goal with slow, small steps. How about walking? That is something simple to start with. You do it every day now. You walk around the house. You walk in the grocery store. Take it to the next level. Make it your first small step goal to get healthy and start trying to get 10,000 steps every single day. 10,000 steps is roughly 4 miles (depending on your stride). It sounds like a lot but really, you probably already walk this much already doing just your every day tasks. You will be amazed.
How do I track my steps you say? A pedometer.
How about this clip pedometer from SportsLine? It can clip anywhere and it tracks your steps, distance , and calories burned.
My husband uses this pedometer and he likes it because it is small. It does not attract attention when he is out on business meetings. I think his clients think he is old school and its a pager or something. He is happy and it gets him to wear it, so that is all that matters to me.
Are you more a runner? Tracking your heart rate is very important, especially if you have taken up the exercise of running. I am training for my first half marathon right now and I wear a heart rate monitor. I use the Sportsline Duo 1060. They are pricey but worth the money.
One reader will win the Sportsline Womens Solo 960 Heart Rate Monitor(pictured below)!
Mandatory Entry: What are you doing to live a healthier life? Tell me your ultimate fitness goal.
1. Like Sportsline on Facebook- 1 entry
2. Follow Sportsline on Twitter- 1 entry
3. Sign up for blog updates- orange circle, top right of blog next to the facebook and twitter buttons- 3 entries
4. Stumble a post- NOT a giveaway post. Any other post you find on my blog. – 3 entries
5. Like My Kinda Rain on Facebook- 1 entry
6. Follow me on twitter- 1 entry
7. Tweet this message-” #WIN a Women’s Heart Rate monitor from @sportlinerocks and @gutimom http://bit.ly/qZlXq4 Ends 7/25″- 1 entry per tweet, you can tweet 3 times a day. Leave a status link for each entry.
This giveaway will end July 25th at noon CST. A winner will be chosen using the plug in “And the winner is”. This winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Open to US Residents only.
**Sportsline was a sponsor for Fitcation. I was given product at fitcation to try out and review. No other monetary compensation was made and all opinions are 100% my own.