THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. A WINNER WAS CHOSEN WITH THE PLUG IN “AND THE WINNER IS..” AND EMAILED. IF THEY DO NOT RESPONDED IN 48 HOURS A NEW WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN. THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING ALONG!
Teaching kids to resolve small conflicts themselves are essential tools they need to learn to grow up into strong, caring adults.
One tool that can help is called The Pocket Referee.
The Pocket Referee is a low tech learning toy that gives kids a fun process to learn how to workout sibling and friend conflicts on their own without having to involve a parent or guardian. Kids love it because it empowers them to determine the outcome. Parents love it because it keeps them from having to mediate all the many important daily conflicts that arise between kids as well as teaches their kids valuable life long skills like the art of negotiation.
Here is how it works:
- Choose the first person to be the coin holder with a flip of the coin.
- When a conflict comes up, the coin holder may choose to have their way but they must pass the coin to the other child.
- Or the coin holder may choose to keep the coin, but must let the other child have his or her way.
The Pocket Referee has won several awards, such as The Best Vacation Toy Award from Dr. Toy., The Preferred Product Award from Kidlutions and The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval 2011.
This is a great tool. In my opinion while reviewing the product, I found younger children had difficulty understanding the rules. My 8 year old though understood perfectly, but my 4 year old has some issues. My daughter and the older neighborhood boy were able to use this with no problems. If you have school aged children I recommend you give this product a try. I think over time my 4 year old will understand the rules better and everyone will benefit from this.
One reader will win your very own set of The Pocket Referee
Make sure you leave a comment for each entry. One comment per entry. If it says you earn 3 entries, leave 3 comments.
1. Leave me a comment letting me know how you usually handle your children’s conflicts.
1. Follow ME on twitter. (1 entry)
2. Like My Pocket Referee on Facebook (1 entry)
3. Follow The Pocket Referee on twitter (1 entry)
4. Tweet this giveaway” Win The Pocket Referee from @thepocketref and @gutimom http://bit.ly/ePur57 #giveaway #parenting Ends 1/5″- (1 entry per tweet and you can tweet this 3 times per day. Make sure you come back and leave a comment with your twitter status link for each entry).
5. Sign up for my blog updates by email. (3 entries, leave a comment for each entry).
This giveaway will end Wednesday, January 5th at midnight CST. A winner will be chosen using ” And the Winner is…” on My Kinda Rain. Once the winner is chosen and contacted they will have 48 hours to respond, if they do not a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is for US Residents Only.
*I was sent The Pocket Referee to review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.