I love Chinese food.
My family on the other hand is not a big fan. My daughter and I are usually the only ones who will eat it without complaint.
My husband and I have been doing date nights each month. Usually with a theme in mind. This past date night was Chinese Food for the theme. I could of gone out to just buy the chinese food but I really wanted to make something special.
These green beans are super yummy! My husband who is not a fan of anything green gobbled these up! I definitely plan to make these again!
Chinese Green Beans
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 16 oz green beans
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsps Hosain Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsps sugar
- Heat sesame (or peanut) oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic, and cook until the edges begin to brown, about 20 seconds.
- Add the green beans; cook and stir until the green beans begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, hosain sauce and soy sauce.
- Turn down the heat slightly and continue cooking and stirring for several minutes until the beans have attained the desired degree of tenderness.