This recipe was really yummy! I was a bit hesitant since it had actual pieces of bell pepper and green onion mixed right in but they went together nicely and I really didn’t even notice the pieces when we were eating.My husband enjoyed the meat as well, saying it was very moist and had great flavor.
My favorite part was the orange marmalade on top! YUM!
I had a 3lb package of ground turkey to use so I tripled the recipe and flash froze extra patties for future meals! My 3lb package made 12- 3oz burgers. We served ours on a bed of lettuce, tomato, orange bell pepper, cucumbers and avocado instead of buns. I also served it with a side of sweet potato fries and spicy yogurt sauce.
I cooked them on the George Foreman Grill for about 5-8 minutes. Then I brushed them with the marmalade and let them cook for a few more minutes, allowing the marmalade to glaze over the meat. We like our burgers well done so I just made sure they were cooked through.
Ground Turkey Burgers
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground raw turkey
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In large mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, green pepper, onions, milk, salt, and pepper. Add turkey and mix well. Shape mixture into five 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grill patties on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn patties and brush with marmalade. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F.
TIP: I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to make my 3oz patties. It was the perfect measuring tool to make sure I hit my portion control exactly!
Disclosure: I am one of 10 Brand Ambassadors in the George Foreman Knock out the Fat Weight Loss Challenge. I was sent a George Foreman Grill for my participation in this challenge and will be compensated for my time at the end of the 90 day challenge. HOWEVER, ALL opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own