This was on our menu for our first night of the George Foreman Knock Out The Fat Weight Loss Challenge.
I strongly suggest you marinate this over night in the fridge. Flank Steak is a nice lean cut of mean but it is also one of the toughest so marinating it as long as possible will help make it a flavorful, tender piece of meat.
Ingredients for Marinate:
- 1 1-1/2-pound beef flank steak
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
We, of course, grilled ours on the George Foreman Grill until it was done medium-well. Maybe 10 minutes?
Slice it going against the grain and very thin. We served it with sauteed onions, bell peppers, zucchini and garlic, avocado, salsa, low fat mozzarella cheese and whole wheat tortillas. Our serving size was 3oz of meat, 2 whole wheat tortillas, 1 cup of veggies, 1/4 cup of salsa and 2 slices of avocado. I also added some fresh cilantro as well.
The leftovers will be a topping for our salad tomorrow for lunch!
Disclosure: I am one of 10 Brand Ambassadors in the George Foreman Knock out the Fat Weight Loss Challenge. I was sent a George Foreman Grill for my participation in this challenge and will be compensated for my time at the end of the 90 day challenge. HOWEVER, ALL opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Marvel’s Teaser Trailer for Doctor Strange is Here! - April 13, 2016
- Captain America: Civil War- New Trailer - March 16, 2016
- Life, Baseball, and Special Needs - March 7, 2016