We have started up making Fridays our Family Fun Nights.
We stay outside a little later and play. We play board games. We enjoy the back patio together as a family more.
I like to have fast easy meals that I can have ready or that are great even at room temp so I can get outside and enjoy family time too.
I usually prepare all the dry ingredients during the day in one bowl and the wet in another. When its about 30 minutes before dinner time I combine and bake.
I also use my mini cookie dough scoop for the perfect portion per muffin tin.
I am going to try doubling the batch and flash freezing them so use in the kids Bento lunches.
Pizza Muffins are fabulous for this! Great right out of the oven or at room temp these will not disappoint with your family.
- 3/4 cup flour- I used part whole wheat flour and the rest unbleached white.
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning- I used oregano and basil
- pinch of salt, optional- I left out though because the Parmesan is salty
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce or homemade
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
**Depending on your muffin tin size you might have some extra batter leftover. You can make a big regular muffin with the excess if needed. I did not have this issue when I made them.