Two of my most favorite things are in this dish. Green beans and almonds.
I picked up some fresh green beans from the farmers market so I needed to cook them. I really enjoyed this dish. Even my husband who does not like green beans said it had good flavor.
Roasted Green Beans and Almonds
1/4 cup almonds(any cut you want, slivered, sliced are the best)
1 pound of green beans (fresh is best, ends snapped off)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 small red onion, cut in half and sliced
EVOO(extra virgin olive oil
- Blanch your green beans in boiling water for 2-3 mins and then put in ice water bath to stop cooking process
- Heat oven to 400.
- On your foil lined cookie sheet add the onion, garlic, and about 2 TB of EVOO.
- Dry the green beans and add to the cookie sheet. Toss with the other ingredients.
- Cook for about 10 mins. You can then turn on your broiler and broil for a few minutes to get a nice brown crunch on them.
- Toss in a bowl with the almonds.