What a cute and fun idea for a Halloween Party!
We served these with marinara sauce and labeled it “Blood Sauce”. It was a big hit!
Salty Bones via Family Fun
- 1 tube of refrigerated breadstick dough (we used an 11-ounce tube to make 12 bones)
- Coarse salt
- Unroll a tube of refrigerated breadstick dough and separate the rectangular pieces.
- Working with one piece at a time, stretch the dough to lengthen it a bit and then use kitchen scissors or a knife to cut a 11/2-inch slit in the center of each end.
- Roll or shape the resulting four flaps of dough into knobs that look like the ends of a bone.
- Place the dough bones on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them a few inches apart, and sprinkle on a little coarse salt. Bake the bones until they are light golden brown, about 12 minutes.