This was a winner in our house. At least for me and hubby. Kids wouldn’t touch it. Surprised? Not me.
I had a chicken breast left over for lunch today and I chopped it up and put it on a salad with some black beans and salsa. It was yum!
Last night I served it with Corn-Filled Mini Muffins and green beans.
Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken via Cooking Light
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs and 3 tablespoons broth)
- 8 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 8 canned whole green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish; squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
3. Slice chiles lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat. Place 1 chile over each chicken thigh. Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chiles and chicken; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 301 (45% from fat)
- 15g (sat 5g,mono 5.5g,poly 3g)