Rice is a must have dish when it comes to Tex-Mex.
Rice is affordable and delicious.
I have been trying to figure out new ways to incorporate cilantro into my meals. It is one of my favorite herbs in the whole entire world now.
The rice dish is simple, yet full of flavor.
When you first taste this dish, the lime will slap you in the face. As much as you want to taste test it, please wait. The flavors mellow out and become a refreshing light lime flavor and the cilantro really brightens it up. I also added a touch more sugar than listed below as I really wanted my kids to enjoy this without the lime and cilantro being too much for them. It was a big hit!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup long grained rice, rinsed lightly in cold water
- 1tbsp butter
- 1-2 small limes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- About 3 tbsp cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the rice in some water for 10 minutes. In a skillet, on low heat, add the butter along with rice and sugar. Let the rice get coated with the oil. Once the rice gets aromatic add juice of 1 lime. Stir for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt – cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Check to see if the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Stir lightly and add chopped cilantro. You can add more if you like. Taste and add more lime juice if required. Remove from flame, fluff the rice lightly and let it sit for 1-2 minutes with the lid on.
** I found it did not need anymore additional lime.
Interested in checking out more Tex-Mex recipes or have one to share?
Check more out at my co-host- Following in My Shoes and if you have a recipe to share please link it up below!