I loved this recipe! We added poblano peppers instead of the green chilies and we used a pepper jack cheese for more heat. Next time we make it I plan to use less corn.
Thanks to Alysa at Inspired RD for this great recipe!
Vegetarian Grilled Stuffed Burritos
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can lowest-sodium black beans, rinsed
One 4oz. can diced green chiles
1/2 cup Mexican beer (such as Tecate)
2 cups frozen corn (or 1 can lowest-sodium canned corn)
1 can lowest-sodium diced tomatoes, rinsed
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
4 large tortillas
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in black beans and jalapenos. Cook for 2 minutes while lightly mashing the beans against the side of the pan.
2. Stir beer into black beans and green chiles and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, continuing to mash the beans against the side of the pan every few minutes.
3. Stir in corn and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes (until heated through). Stir in lime juice and take mixture off heat.
4. Lay tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese in center of the tortilla then spoon 1/4 cup of bean mixture on top. Fold up into a burrito.
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place burrito folded side down and cook until browned. Flip over and brown other side. Cut in half and serve. (recipe inspired by Rachael Ray)
Disclosure: I am one of 10 Brand Ambassadors in the George Foreman Knock out the Fat Weight Loss Challenge. I was sent a George Foreman Grill for my participation in this challenge and will be compensated for my time at the end of the 90 day challenge. HOWEVER, ALL opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own